About This Recipe
This is just one of many ways on how to make date balls. I never cared for dates growing up but when I became vegan and started eating healthier I realized you can use them for a lot of recipes. So date balls became a favorite and quick snack of mine.
*This article contains affiliate links. Any purchase made by you through this link may result in me earning a small commission or credit from the sale, at no extra cost to you! I only recommend products that I use and love!
The ingredients and portion sizes are listed at the bottom of the page, but, like most of my recipes, this is a recipe you can really run wild with. So you decide what ingredients you would like to include.
Okay so this is the one and only important step you need to know in this process. Remove the pits and soak dates for about 10 minutes. That’s it. Once you do that drain the water and throw the dates in a food processor. You want it to get to this consistency as shown in the photo below.
I also used the food processor to make a powder from cashews which we will use at the end of the recipe and then to also chop cashews because we use them in the date mixture also.
Now add the chopped cashews, chocolate chips, vanilla extract, salt, oat flour, and cinnamon to the date mixture. Fold in all ingredients until everything in mixed in evenly. You can try the mixture now and see if you’re happy with it and add more of the ingredients you feel like you are missing.
Once you are happy with the mixture take a spoon and scoop out mixture to form balls. Roll each one in the cashew powder we prepared earlier. You might want to tap it a little so there isn’t loose powder. I do this so each time you eat one your fingers won’t get sticky. If you like, instead of using cashews you can cover the date balls in shredded coconut or cocoa powder. I find cocoa powder to be a bit overbearing though.
If you follow the measurements I listed below then you should find that you have around 10 date balls.
Now just place them in the fridge and eat one (or a couple) when you feel like a snack!
How to Make Date Balls
- 12 Medjool Dates
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 – 1 ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ⅛ cup Oat Flour I put rolled oats through a food processor
- 1 pinch Salt
- ⅓ cup Chopped Cashews
- ¼-⅓ cup Chocolate Chips My favorite is the semi-sweet chocolate chips from Trader Joes. Unfortunately, we are not all blessed with a Trader Joes in our neighborhood so use your favorite vegan chocolate!
- ½ cup Powdered Cashews Cashews that I put through a food processor.
- Take out pits from dates.
- Soak dates in water for about 10 minutes.
- Drain water from dates and put dates into a food processor.
- Add in vanilla extract, cinnamon, oat flour, and salt.
- Blend together.
- Fold in chopped cashews and chocolate chips.
- Roll in balls and coat with powdered cashews.
Try another favorite! Click here for my Three Ingredient Lazy Out Pancakes.