About this Recipe
I think before I became vegan my favorite thing to get when going to the grocery store were the chicken wings and potato wedges from the hot foods section. As a kid, it made grocery store trips exciting because when I got to the car I would go all in.
I have yet to ask whether the potato wedges at the grocery store are vegan or not. But I think if they can find a way to make it non-vegan friendly they most likely will. So I’ve figured out a way to make them at home and if we’re being completely honest with ourselves, homemade is the way to go anyway.
I haven’t included measurements in this recipe. If I get requests to I will revise later. But for now, no measuring required.
Before doing anything else, remember to preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (232 degrees Celsius).
Start by washing small to medium russet potatoes. I do not peel the potatoes but you totally can if you prefer. It will not affect the way the potatoes cook.
Cut the potatoes into two halves (into four pieces). Reference the picture below.
Why boil first? I might be wrong but my theory is that if you boil the potatoes first when they bake the outside will be crunchy and the inside soft.
Fill a medium to a large pot with cold water. As you’re cutting your wedges you can place them in the pot of cold water. Place the pot with potato wedges on the stove and bring to a boil. Boil the potatoes until you can stick a fork through them but you do not want them falling apart. So maybe boil for about a couple of minutes.
Once you finish boiling, drain the water from the pot and you can start seasoning. Generously coat the wedges in olive oil, spices, and your favorite vegan parmesan. It is hard to “over spice” in this recipe.
I like to use Violife Parmesan Cheese. It makes all the difference in this recipe.
Transfer the wedges to a glass baking dish. And place it in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Garnish with more warm cheese and salt.
Vegan Parmesan Potato Wedges
- Small-Medium Russet Potatoes
- Oil I used Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese Violife is my favorite to use!
- Preheat oven to 450 Degrees Fahrenheit (232 Degrees Celsius)
- Wash and cut russet potatoes in 4 pieces (cut in half and then in half again). I do not peel the potatoes
- Place potato wedges into a pot of cold water. Bring to boil. Boil until wedges are soft but not falling apart
- Drain water and place wedges in a glass baking dish
- Coat wedges generously with olive oil, spices, and vegan parmesan
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes and garnish with sea salt and more parmesan